Monday, March 31, 2008

Enough already, Winter

Winter, you and I need to talk. 
You know, I am not one of those people who hates to see you coming. I consider myself a four-season gal, and I can find beauty and joy in all of 'em. I can't imagine life without the magic of the first snow fall. Or even the first snow storm. The Texas girl in me is still secretly thrilled by the thought of being snowed in for days, provided my pantry is well-stocked and I have enough to read.
But here's the thing, Winter. It's time to hang it up. Like an aging baseball star, you are started to make people uncomfortable. Uncomfortable because they are embarrassed. Embarrassed for you. 
Spring has really been gracious about the whole thing, waiting patiently in the wings for you to pack up your props. But you don't seem to be packing up very quickly.
There is no nice way to say this so I'm just gonna say it. It's over, Winter. Go away.
See you next year.
Susan

4 comments:

Scribble A Day said...

Nice try, but you know Winter can't hear you. It's those thick ear muffs she's wearing.
It's in the 50's here today, beautiful muddy northern Ohio. Tomorrow night it's supposed to be back in the 20's. No wonder everyone I know has flu/cold/pneumonia or some variant.
I hope your rant works for you: but I'd keep scarf and gloves in the truck just in case.

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey, I so hear you!
I'm done with this whole winter thing already.

TheTwistedPurl said...

I am not ready for the summer heat. Yes, yes...I am ready for the chill to go away...and for the rain to stop a bit. Being in the south, we deal with the humidity and it's horrible *pokes Susan, you remember Texas* You can always put more clothes on...but when it is 95 outside and 95% humidity you can't even be comfy in your birthday suit. So, yes Winter Dear go away...but please ask Spring to try to wear out it's welcome.

Writer Bug said...

LOL--great post!