Saturday, December 6, 2008

Knit and Be Happy

My friend Shirra opened a yarn shop called Knit and Be Happy in New Paltz, NY a year ago. And even though New Paltz is only 45 minutes from our New York farm, and Shirra is a really good friend with the three coolest kids I've ever met, I hadn't made it over to check out the shop in all this time.

But yesterday was the one year anniversary of the shop opening and the New Paltz Chamber of Commerce was holding a ribbon cutting ceremony. Erin, Patrick, Harry and I went and it was a great time. The shop is as cute as can be! If you are up in the Hudson Valley it's definitely worth a stop.

I am in love with this simple window display.



Shirra's hand-dyes. Aren't they lovely?

When most of the people left we got to play with the oversized novelty scissors which was totally worth the drive.

3 comments:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

giggle!

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for traffic to break and I saw your truck go past. Now I will have to go and find your friends shop.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

It looks like Patrick is getting QUITE the haircut, there!